ISIC (International Student Identity Card)
If you’re a full-time student these cards are serious money savers both at home and abroad! Entertainment, food, clothes, travel… the list of discounts is growing everyday.
* The price of an ISIC card is only MYR 40.00 plus GST MYR 2.40 = MYR42.40
ISIC – HI Malaysia Co-Brand Card
You can now apply for the ISIC – Hi Malaysia Co-Brand card online. The benefit of this card is to provide students with both ISIC benefits as well Hostelling International benefits worldwide.
* The price of an ISIC – HI Malaysia Co-Brand Card is only MYR 80.00 plus GST MYR 4.80 = MYR 84.80
Discounts and Benefits
The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is your passport to fantastic discounts and services at home and abroad. The ISIC card is the only internationally-recognised* student ID card. For over 60 years, ISIC card holders have been members of a truly global club. Every year, more than 5 million students from 130 countries use their student card to take advantage of offers on:
There are over 42,000 discounts worldwide – so you will never be short of a bargain! Check out our domestic discounts and our international discounts.
Who can get an ISIC card?
If you’re a full-time student at school, college or university and aged 12 or over, you can apply for a student card with ISIC. It’s a hassle-free process, and in no time at all you’ll be enjoying thousands of discounts and benefits at home and abroad. If you’re not a full time student, you may be eligible for our youth card (if you are below 30 years old or younger) or our teacher card (if you are a full time teacher).
What documents do I need to get an ISIC card?
The ISIC card is only for full-time students, so you need to upload one of the following documents and a recent passport size photo when you apply online:
- A document that proves that you are currently studying full time at a recognised school, college or university.
- A copy of your university or student card, which is dated and clearly indicates you are currently a full-time student.
- A signed and dated letter on official university or school stationery, which states you are a full-time student.
- Foreign Students studying in Malaysia must produce a photocopy of passport and student visa.
We would prefer an original copy, but photocopies and faxes may be acceptable and an official proof of your date of birth (ie. passport, drivers license or birth certificate).
Definition of a full-time student
As a general guideline students must be studying in a secondary school, university or college or studying at a recognised education institution for a minimum of 12 weeks per year and have at least 12 hours of contact time per week to be considered as a full time student.
If you are a full-time teacher or below 30 years old, you can also enjoy similar benefits of the ISIC card with the International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) or the International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC).